Job Title: Part-Time Gorilla Highlands Office Staff
Location: Musanze, Rwanda
Engagement Starts: 11 September 2023
Are you a Rwandan aged 18 or above who is eager to join one of the biggest global businesses — the travel industry? Do you care about the nature and cultures of the Gorilla Highlands region shared by Rwanda, Uganda and DR Congo?
This is your opportunity to join a small team of an award-winning tour company based in Musanze!
If selected, you will get involved both in the tour business of Gorilla Highlands Ltd (GHL) and in the non-profit work of Gorilla Highlands Experts (GHE). We therefore expect you to have interest in both travel activities and their economic, social and environmental impact.
You will begin with a 3-month probation; upon assessment we will then offer you a 2-year renewable contract (because of the training you will need, we are asking for long-term commitment). We hope you stay with us for many years and one day become, for example, our director of operations!
This part-time job will be compatible with further studies, as long as you do them in Musanze or online. You will be expected to work 4-6 hours per day from Monday to Saturday. (For instance, if you attend university in the morning, you will report to our office after lunch.)
WHAT WE EXPECT FROM YOU:
• readiness to learn, learn, learn
• love for customer service and working with people from different cultures
• good command of spoken and written English (French, Swahili or other languages are a bonus)
• decent computer skills
• open-mindedness and willingness to get involved with any kind of work
• determination to thoroughly study the content on gorillahighlands.com and experts.gorillahighlands.com before you even come in for the job interview
• prior experience with travel business or GHE work will be an advantage (but not a requirement)
WHAT YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES WILL BE:
• welcoming and briefing office visitors
• supplying GHL clients with all pre-arrival information
• making sure all accommodation and activity bookings are made
• collecting client feedback and entering evaluation sheets
• putting client email contacts into our newsletter mailing list
• entering client information (for example birthdays) in our database
• helping with organisation of GHE Youth Spaces, the Silverchef competition and other activities
• collecting bookings for Edirisa on Lake Bunyonyi
• any other business
WHAT YOU WILL HAVE TO STUDY ON THE JOB:
• tour guide training materials
• the trello.com collaboration platform
• regular webinars, courses and other work-related online programs
WHAT BENEFITS WE CAN OFFER TO YOU:
• RWF 150,000 per month during your probation; later remuneration will be defined in your contract based on your abilities and responsibilities
• free accommodation and food (if you are in need of it)
• opportunities to express your talents in different GH/GHE fields
Please fill in the online form by 1 September 2023. We will contact all selected candidates and invite them for a job interview that will be held on 11 September. If chosen for the probation, you will begin it the next day.