Welcome, newcomer! And great to see you again, old friend!
Let me thank each and everyone who has joined our beautiful community so far. I hope more and more good people all over the world take a seat around our digital campfire.
With the publication of the Gorilla Highlands Experts community rules, we are reaching a new level of maturity. There’s no serious group without some guidelines or regulations, and what used to be only implied is now properly spelled out. That should strengthen our values and help us all!
We are a community where everybody is free and honestly encouraged to take part in any discussion. But when you are about to submit your idea, your comment or your question, take a moment to check and recheck again. What we say and how we say it defines not only the substance but the tone of conversation — and it matters.
Our global community links members and experts, and before we go to the rules themselves, I have to sincerely appreciate the determination and effort the latter have put in already. Thank you for your outstanding performance, and keep revealing the gems of our region and satisfying our curiosity!
GHE COMMUNITY RULES (AUGUST 2021):
- Be friendly. We are here to be informed, entertained and de-stressed — and that works better with an injection of warmth.
- Be polite and civil. We encourage open and candid discussion and debates without disrespectful or insulting comments.
- Stay on topic. Comments, questions and contributions should be relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Don’t post or upload any untruthful, inappropriate or illegal content.
- Don’t post or upload promotional content, advertisements or financial assistance pleas.
- Don’t spam — no one likes seeing the same content posted to more than one group or discussions.
- Don’t post or upload content from this platform elsewhere without permission from the author.
- Respect copyrights and trademarks. Name the photographer or the writer if you can.
- Respect privacy. We have established this community to be more private than a conventional social network.
By disregarding any of these rules you may be warned first by the community or group leader and then blocked from the group. Any complaints about the treatment should be addressed through the Builders group.
We do monitor posts, but we may miss something. Please let us know if you encounter any content that violates any of the above rules, so we can review and take the appropriate action.
The views and opinions expressed by users on the Gorilla Highlands Expert platform do not necessarily reflect the views and opinions of the organisation. Please keep in mind that any comments or content you share on this site are your sole responsibility.
photo by Marcus Westberg